SMS Laser Cutting is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). The APPs are designed to protect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals by regulating the way personal information is collected, used, disclosed and managed. Personal information is, generally speaking, information or an opinion relating to an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
This policy explains the types of personal information that we may collect and hold, how that information is used and with whom the information is shared. It also sets out how you can contact us if you have any queries or concerns about this information.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information about customers, suppliers, contractors, job applicants and other contacts to understand and meet their needs, to conduct our activities and meet legal obligations.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we may collect include contact information (such as your name, address, email address, fax and telephone number), comments you submit by way of Public Comment and any feedback that you provide to us about our products and services, our website, or other matters.
What other information do we collect?
Personal information may be collected by way of forms filled out by individuals (including via online forms), surveys, emails, telephone conversations, online user-generated content and market research, face-to-face meetings and interviews.
You may in some circumstances have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when you deal with us. However, if you choose not to provide the information we need to fulfill your request for a specific product or service we may not be able to provide you with the requested product or service.
In addition, SMS Laser Cutting uses the Google AMP Client ID API to consolidate information on each unique visitor to their many interactions with our site. This consolidated information provides a more accurate picture of visitor journeys and use of our services and website. The Google AMP Client ID API assigns a unique randomly generated identifier to each visitor and uses this identifier to link all activity associated with that particular visitor. The unique identifier, web analytics data and Cookies do not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or email address and therefore cannot be used to identify you.
You can find out more information on how Google uses data when you use SMS Laser Cutting sites at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
How might SMS Laser Cutting use and disclose your personal information?
SMS Laser Cutting may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose of collection, or for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose, or for purposes to which you have consented, and in other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
Generally, SMS Laser Cutting may use and disclose your personal information for a range of purposes, including to:
- provide you with our products or services that you have requested;
- respond to your queries or feedback;
- analyse and improve all aspects of our business including, but not limited to, our business systems, processes, outcomes, communication, website, engagement and performance;
- provide you with any communications or publications in which we think you might be interested, or which you have requested;
- let you know about developments in our procedures, products and services; and
- consider employment applications.
Disclosure of personal information to other parties
SMS Laser Cutting may disclose your personal information to third parties such as our external service providers that provide services to us (such as training, website hosting or cloud storage, distribution of newsletters). We may disclose your personal information for the purposes set out above.
We may also disclose your personal information if it is required or authorised by law, where disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or where we are otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act.
We do not sell or license your personal information to third parties.
Security and management of personal information
SMS Laser Cutting will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this include:
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access;
- requiring any third-party providers to have acceptable security measures to keep personal information secure.
If we no longer require your personal information and are not legally required to retain it, SMS Laser Cutting will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify the personal information.
Links from our website to other websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites. We do not operate these websites and therefore are not responsible for the collection or handling of personal information by the operators of these websites.
Accessing the information we hold about you
Under the APPs, you may be able to obtain a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. The APPs provide some exceptions to your rights in this regard. To make a request to access this information, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested.
Updating your personal information
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Please contact SMS Laser Cutting at the contact address set out below if you believe that the information we hold about you requires correction or is out-of-date.
Updates to this Policy
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia).
We will deal with complaints as follows:
Step 1: let us know
- If you would like to make a complaint, you should let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer (see below for contact details).
Step 2: investigation of complaint
- Your complaint will be investigated by our Privacy Officer.
- A response to your complaint will be provided in writing within a reasonable period.
Step 3: contact OAIC
- We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner as follows:
|Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)|
|Complaints must be made in writing.|
|1300 363 992|
Director of Compliance |
Office of the Australian
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
SMS Laser Cutting
3 Ethell Road, Kirrawee NSW 2232
Attention: The Privacy Officer
We will endeavour to respond to all complaints and correspondence promptly.
Website Terms and Conditions
variation and termination of these Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions govern the website operated and provided by SMSCO Pty Ltd trading as SMS Laser Cutting (ABN 82 099 995 552). Any use of SMS Laser Cutting’s website by you constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- SMS Laser Cutting may at any time, in its sole discretion, amend, vary or modify these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Modifications to these Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately and any subsequent use by you of this website will constitute your acceptance of the modifications and the then-current terms and conditions of use of this website.
- SMS Laser Cutting may, without notice, terminate or suspend this website or any part of the website at any time.
- Disclaimer and
- While SMS Laser Cutting provides the website and its contents in good faith, SMS Laser Cutting does not accept liability or responsibility for any content or material on this website, including for the accuracy, completeness, authenticity, reliability or timeliness of the content;
- SMS Laser Cutting does not represent or warrant that this website, any files obtained from or through this website are free from harmful code, computer viruses or other defects;
- To the extent permitted by law, SMS Laser Cutting expressly excludes all conditions and warranties (including warranties as to merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property or any other rights or fitness for a particular purpose), guarantees, rights and remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be implied by custom, statute or common law in relation to any information or materials on this website or any websites linked to this website; and
- SMS Laser Cutting is not liable for any consequential losses (including any loss of revenue or profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of value of equipment, any penalties or fines imposed by a regulator and any loss that is indirect loss) that you suffer or for any costs, damages, expenses, loss or charges that you incur as a result of your use any information or materials on this website or any websites linked to this website.
- Intellectual property rights (including any copyright, trademark rights) in the content on this website, vests in SMS Laser Cutting, subject to any third-party rights.
- ‘SMS Laser Cutting’, the SMS Laser Cutting logo and the icon are trademarks of SMS Laser Cutting Limited, registered in Australia.
- Nothing contained on this website is to be construed as granting anyone to use any content on this website. You may not use, reproduce or modify any content displayed on this website including SMS Laser Cutting ’s logo or trademark/s without SMS Laser Cutting ’s written consent.
- You may not pass off content from this website as your own. This includes the practice of ‘Framing’ this website within another website as well as copying and re-using parts of the website.
- Linking to other
- This website may contain links to other websites. SMS Laser Cutting does not warrant approve of or accept any liability or responsibility for any such websites. Access to these websites is at your own risk.
- Guidelines for linking to this website
You are welcome to put links on your website pointing to the SMS Laser Cutting ’s website. In such case we request that you adopt the following guidelines for linking:
- Links to SMS
Laser Cutting ‘s site should usually be to the home page, i.e.
https://www.smslaser.com.au. Linking to other parts of the site poses some
risk, as the page or service to which you link may move or become unavailable.
- The correct name for the website is SMS Laser Cutting.
- SMS Laser Cutting ’s logo and its variants are registered trademarks and subject to copyright. They may only be used with written permission from SMS Laser Cutting.
- Cookies and other
features of our website
- You can disable cookies in your browser settings. However, adjusting these settings may affect the functionality of this website.
- Information stored
in cookies can include:
- The identity of the page or services you are requesting;
- the type of browser or operating system in use;
- Time and date of access; and
- The internet address of the website from which you navigated from to reach our website.
- Cookies do not
store personal information such as:
- your name
- email addresses
- phone numbers
- Governing Law
- The laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia govern these Terms and Conditions and any agreement formed under them. You and SMS Laser Cutting irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of New South Wales, Australia.